The objective of this programme is to provide you with fundamental skills for the tourism industry. We will give you an insight into the different opportunities available both nationally and internationally, a plan for your future, increase your confidence, and teach you how you can support and enhance a visitor’s experience.
Programme Content includes:
- Understanding of the tourism workplace
- Tourist destinations in New Zealand and the World
- Customer service
- Promoting tourism
- Understanding tourists and their needs
- Personal presentation
- Industry related knowledge and experience
- Up to date CV that is stored on our secure database for future updates
- and much much more!!!!
New Zealand Certificate in Tourism Level 2
National Certificate in Educational Achievement Level 1
National Certificate in Educational Achievement Level 2
New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills Level 1
New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills Level 2
Length and hours:
Up to 48 weeks
8.45am to 4.00pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.45am to 1.00pm on Friday.
Whangarei and Kaikohe Campus
All students who wish to enrol must go through a selection interview process. Participants who meet this eligibility are able to take part in these programmes:
- 16 years and above and left school
- Commitment to completing the qualifications
- Commitment to move to higher level education on completion of the programme
- Have an appropriate level of literacy & numeracy skill to study at level 1 or 2
There is no cost for eligible participants. All resources and materials are provided.
This programme is currently under approval. Once approved has been gained we will have a flexible intake, contact us for further information!