The objective of this programme is to provide you with the fundamental skills and knowledge for the Security industry or Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force) or Fire Service. We will give you an insight into your desired industry, a plan for your future and increase your confidence. For security, we will teach you underpinning knowledge common to security personnel such as site, event, retail court and community security, mobile patrol secure transport and noise control, and for the Armed forces we will help you make it through the rigorous selections to start your career.
Programme Content includes:
- Personal and professional requirements
- Physical wellbeing
- Security personnel law
- Security skills
- Risk and emergency management
- Managing conflict and crowd control
- First Aid
- Health and fitness
- Up to date CV stored on a secure database for future updates
- and much much more!!!!
National Certificate in Security Level 2
NZ Certificate in Foundation Skills Level 1
NZ Certificate in Foundation Skills Level 2
Certificate of Approval (COA) for Private Security (18+ only)
Length and hours:
Up to 48 weeks
8.45am to 4.00pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.45am to 1.00pm on Friday.
Whangarei and Kaikohe Campus
All students who wish to enrol must go through a selection interview process. Participants who meet this eligibility are able to take part in these programmes:
- 16 years and above and left school
- Commitment to completing the qualifications
- Commitment to move to higher level education on completion of the programme
- Have an appropriate level of literacy & numeracy skill to study at level 1 or 2
- No criminal convictions, some exceptions can apply so contact us to discuss.
There is no cost for eligible participants. All resources and materials are provided.
Flexible, contact us for further information!