The objective of this programme is to provide you with fundamental skills for the Maori Tourism industry. We will give you an insight into the opportunities available, a plan for your future, increase your confidence, and teach you how you can support and enhance a visitor’s experience and the foundation knowledge and understanding of Tikanga Maori and Te Reo.
Programme content includes:
- Understanding of the tourism workplace
- Cultural concepts
- Basic reo structures and nga tikanga
- Basic factual knowledge
- Tikanga as it applies to Kaitiakitanga
- Basic aspects of tikanga
- Tourist destinations in New Zealand and the world
- Industry knowledge and experience
- Up to date CV that is stored on our secure database for future updates
- and much much more!!!!
New Zealand Certificate in Tikanga Level 2
New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills Level 1
New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills Level 2
Length and hours:
Up to 48 weeks
8.45am to 4.00pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.45am to 1.00pm on Friday.
All students who wish to enrol must go through a selection interview process. Participants who meet this eligibility are able to take part in these programmes:
- 16 years and above and left school
- Commitment to completing the qualifications
- Commitment to move to higher level education on completion of the programme
- Have an appropriate level of literacy & numeracy skill to study at level 1 or 2
There is no cost for eligible participants. All resources and materials are provided.
Rolling Intake, contact us for further information