IT Technical Support
This programme is designed for people who want a career in IT and be able to work as a Computer Technician, Service desk and Technical Support. We will help you increase your confidence and teach you skills and knowledge to establish a broad understanding of the core concepts and practical skills in IT, with a technical support focus, you will also have an awareness of the IT environment, appreciate the needs of users, and be able to provide IT technical support. They will also be able to operate within the applicable professional standards and practice, as part of a team, or independently with a broad level of supervision.
Programme content includes:
- Selecting, installing and configuring IT hardware systems software
- Operational knowledge of networking, and associated services and technologies
- Configure and administer systems and applications
- Database administration and data storage
- Troubleshooting and resolving common system problems
- IT service management
- Customer service requirements
- Information systems
- Interaction design concepts and interface design
- Software development
- Create simple working applications
- Professional, legal, and ethical principles
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Cloud Essentials
The New Zealand Diploma in Information Technology Technical Support Level 5
CompTIA Cloud Essentials
ITIL Foundation Certificate in Service Management
Length and hours:
8.45am to 4.00pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.45am to 1.00pm on Friday.
Minimum of level 3 or 4 computing qualification or can demonstrate equivalent skills
$7,999 plus $1000 course related costs for optional certifications.
These amounts may be claimed and covered by the Student Loan system or paid in full by the student prior to programme commencement.
Contact us for the next in take date.
Withdrawal and Refund Policies:
A full refund will be given if a withdrawal is made at least two weeks prior to programme commencement. A full refund will be given, less $500 or 10% of total fees – whichever is the lesser, if a withdrawal is made within two weeks prior to programme commencement or within the first eight days after programme commencement. No refunds will be given from eight days after the first day of programme commencement.
Key Information for Students
Click the image below to access key information published by the Tertiary Education Commission to help you make an informed decision about your enrolment into the programme.