Early Childhood Education
Want a career working with children? Gain skills and knowledge to start your career here!
The objective of this programme is to provide you with fundamental skills for the early childhood industry. We will give you an insight into the different opportunities available, a plan for your future, increase your confidence, and teach you early childhood and life skills, with the primary focus on parenting roles or as support for Kaiawhina and carer in a supervised environment. We will help make a plan for your future, increase your confidence, and teach you life and early childhood skills.
Programme content includes:
- Introduction to industry
- Holistic wellbeing & care of young people
- Knowledge of child development
- Effective relationships in early childhood learning
- Knowing yourself to inform practice
- Te Reo & Tikanga Maori for learning & care
- Community support & networks in ECE
- Up to date CV stored on a secure database for future updates
- and much much more!!!!
NZ Certificate in Early Childhood Learning & Care Level 2
National Certificate in Educational Achievement Level 1
National Certificate in Educational Achievement Level 2
New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills Level 1
NZ Certificate in Foundation Skills Level 2
Length and hours:
Up to 48 weeks
8.45am to 4.00pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.45am to 1.00pm on Friday.
Whangarei and Papakura Campus
All students who wish to enrol must go through a selection interview process. Participants who meet this eligibility are able to take part in these programmes:
- 16 - 19 years and left school
- Commitment to completing the qualifications
- Commitment to move to higher level education on completion of the programme
- Have an appropriate level of literacy & numeracy skill to study at level 1 or 2
There is no cost for eligible participants. All resources and materials are provided.
Flexible, contact us for further information!